2. Tweet your response. Your tweet must contain the phrase “I did my homeWERK! I want a chance at a #DragU prize pack
from @RuPaulsDragU http://bit.ly/JKAtlC” followed by your answer.
For example: I did my homeWERK! I want a chance at a #DragU prize pack from @RuPaulsDragU. http://bit.ly/JKAtlC My
MVP is Sharon Needles!
About this Sweepstakes:
By participating in this sweepstakes, you agree to the terms and conditions displayed below. Limit one entry per Twitter
account per day. You must be at least eighteen years of age to enter. Sweepstakes ends on June 18th 2012 at 11:59 am.
Entrants must be legal residents of the United States.
“Drag U Back to School Sweepstakes”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: “Drag U Back to School Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 11:59:59AM (ET) on June 4, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 18, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries for each of the Daily Drawings (defined below) must be received between 12:00:01 PM (ET) and 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the day of the Daily Drawing.
3. Sweepstakes Overview: This Sweepstakes is comprised of fifteen (15) individual daily drawings (each a “Daily Drawing”) that will take place during the Sweepstakes Period. Two (2) winners (the “Winners”) will be selected at the close of each of the Daily Drawing entry periods in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries (as hereinafter defined) received for that Daily Drawing. Limit one (1) prize per individual. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received for each of the Daily Drawings.
Daily Drawing Entry Periods –Starts at 12:00:01 PM (ET) and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the same day. Winners for each of the Daily Drawings will be announced by 11:00:00 AM (ET) on the day following the applicable Daily Drawing.
4. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who have a Twitter account. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to enter be declared a Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ( “Sponsor”), Offerpop, Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which is final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://bit.ly/JKAtlC (the “Sweepstakes Landing Page”) and tweet (a) the phrase “I did my homeWERK! I want a chance at a #DragU prize pack from @RuPaulsDragU”, (b) a response to the question posted on the Sweepstakes Landing Page (the “Question”) and (c) the following URL: “http://bit.ly/JKAtlC” (the “URL”) in the following format: “I did my homeWERK! I want a chance at a #DragU prize pack from @RuPaulsDragU http://bit.ly/JKAtlC [YOUR RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION]: (collectively, the “Tweet”). Entrants must be following the @RuPaulsDragU twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/RuPaulsDragU) to qualify for the Sweepstakes and be able to see the Winner notification.
(Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://www.twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.) BY TRANSMITTING THE ABOVE-SPECIFIED TWEET, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Winners will be announced on the official @RuPaulsDragU Twitter account located at http://twitter.com/#!/RuPaulsDragU. Winners will be notified via the process described below in Section 6. Please note that if you do not respond the Winner notification described in Section 6, you will be disqualified and another Winner may be selected. You must manually retweet the Tweet from the Sweepstakes Landing Page during one of the Daily Drawing entry periods along with the link to these Official Rules (exactly as it appears above) to qualify as one (1) entry Retweets using the Auto Retweet function are not permitted and will not be counted. One (1) entry per person per each Daily Drawing entry period allowed. Automated Tweets or Tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the applicable Daily Drawing at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor who shall have the right to edit, adapt, and publish any or all of the entries. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @RuPaulsDragU inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. The odds of winning each Daily Drawing depends on the number of Eligible Entries received for such Daily Drawing.
6. Winner Selection/Notification: Two (2) Winners will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the entry period for each of the Daily Drawings as specified in Section 3 by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from the Eligible Entries received for each Daily Drawing throughout the Sweepstakes Period for a total of fifteen (15) Winners. After each Daily Drawing, the pool of Eligible Entries is cleared out and new entries will be accepted for the next Daily Drawing. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the twenty-four (24) hour period following Winners’ selection to contact each potential Winner via the Twitter account and via tweets from http://twitter.com/#!/RuPaulsDragU. If a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds.
7. Winners Verification: Each potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if potential Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents (“Deadline”) from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name, voice and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Each Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winners may forfeit Prizes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
8. Prizes (30 total): There will be two (2) Prizes for each Daily Drawing. Each Winner will receive: one (1) DVD copy of each: Season 2, 3 and 4 of RuPaul’s Drag Race, one (1) RuPaul’s Drag Race magnet, one (1) RuPaul’s Drag U Chapstick, one (1) Glamazon by RuPaul CD and one (1) “You’ve Got Shemail” Ringtone download (the “Prize(s)”). Sponsor is not responsible if potential Winners are unable or unavailable to accept a Prize.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $107.57 and the total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded is $3,227.10. No other substitution or transfer of Prizes by Winners permitted. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within approximately four (4) weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes Period and such dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes are solely each Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to each Winner as income. Each Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accepts or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. Sponsor reserves the right not to award some or all of the Prizes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during any of the Daily Drawing periods.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
11. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Logo, Attention: “Drag U Back to School Sweepstakes”, 1540 Broadway, 31st Floor, New York, NY 10036. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by August 18, 2012. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Logo, a brand of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.
Don't want DMs about upcoming Twitter campaigns? Unsubscribe