2. To enter, tweet "I want to win the @CNBC #derby dreambet"
About this offer:
The Kentucky Derby DreamBet Prize Package includes:
Two VIP tickets to the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby on May 4-5, 2012
A free $100,000 win wager on a horse in the 138th Kentucky Derby and you can keep the results!
Complimentary food and beverage on site
Hotel accommodations and Round-trip airfare for two
Two tickets to "Taste of Derby"
Two tickets to the "Winner's Party"
Enter through http://Facebook.com/CNBC for an additional entry today. Contests ends April 14th at 11:59pm ET. The lucky winner will be contacted, April 17th between 9:30am ET and 7:00pm ET.
Dream Bet Sweepstakes
March 19, 2012 – April 14, 2012
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries (defined below) received.
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT: By registering to participate in the Dream Bet Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) via http://facebook.com/cnbc, http://www.facebook.com/NBCSports, http://www.facebook/KentuckyDerby, or http://twitter.com/CNBC, (all as explained in Paragraph 4 below) you ("you" or "Participant") acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules (the "Rules"), understand them and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions and any amendments hereto. Participants further agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Rules, or the Sweepstakes itself.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: You must be a permanent, legal United States (“U.S.”) resident physically residing within the fifty (50) U.S. or the District of Columbia (residents of Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and any other U.S. territory or possession are excluded from entry and participation) and twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of March 19, 2012. Participants must also have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Officers, directors and employees of Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below), members of their immediate families and households (including children, parents, siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live, and/or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes Entities, as referenced herein, shall include CNBC LLC (“Sponsor”), NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Churchill Downs Incorporated (“Churchill Downs”) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, their administrative, advertising and promotion agencies, the prize providers for the Sweepstakes and any other entities involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, March 19, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Saturday, April 14, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Facebook: To enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook during the Sweepstakes Period, visit one (1) of the following Facebook pages (“Facebook Pages”): Sponsor’s Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/cnbc (the
Facebook Website”); NBC Sports Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/NBCSports; or the Kentucky Derby Facebook page located at http://www.facebook/KentuckyDerby. Then access the Sweepstakes tab by clicking “Like” to become a fan of the corresponding Facebook Page and then follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form, which includes your name, email address and date of birth (“Facebook Entry”). If you do not “Like” one (1) of the Facebook Pages, follow the provided instructions on each of the Facebook Pages to complete and thereafter submit your Facebook Entry.
Twitter Entry and Facebook Entry will be referred to collectively herein as “Entry” or “Entries”. All Entries become the property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged. All Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on April 14, 2012. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per person and/or email address per entry method per day during the Sweepstakes Period for a total of three (3) Entries per day per person and/or email address. Entries received from any person or email address beyond this limit will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry or the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. “Authorized account holder” of a Twitter account is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by the Twitter Website. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about April 14, 2012, following the end of the Sweepstakes Period, employees or representatives of Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner (“Winner”) in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Sponsor will contact potential Winner by email and/or telephone and/or direct message on Twitter on or about April 17, 2012 between 9:30 AM ET and 7:00 PM ET. If the potential Winner does not respond after the second notification attempt, and does not respond to twitter Direct Message within three hours of second attempt or potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her Prize, then potential Winner will be disqualified and another potential Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries received. Potential Winner (defined below) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Sweepstakes Documents”) within two (2) days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. If potential Winner cannot be reached, is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential Winner will be disqualified and time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries.
7. PRIZES: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded to Winner. Prize consists of: a trip for Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the 2012 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky (“Trip”) and an opportunity for Winner to participate in the Derby Dream Bet (the “Dream Bet”) as further described in Section 8 of these Official Rules. The Trip includes: two (2) tickets to Kentucky Oaks on May 4, 2012; two (2) tickets to the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs on May 5, 2012; accommodations for Winner and Guest for three (3) nights (standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel in or near Louisville, Kentucky (“Hotel”) (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); round-trip, coach class air transportation for Winner and Guest from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to one of the major airports near Louisville, KY (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a two hundred dollar ($200) stipend to use toward ground transportation in Louisville, KY; two (2) tickets to the Taste of Derby event on Thursday, May 3, 2012 in Louisville, KY; and two (2) tickets to the official Kentucky Derby Winner’s Party immediately following the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Sponsor and Churchill Downs will determine all details of Prize in their sole discretion. All expenses, costs, fees or additional tax associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner, provided however, that if it is ultimately determined that there are taxes resulting from a non-paying Dream Bet (as described below) by Winner, then Churchill Downs will pay such taxes, if any. Estimated retail value (“ERV”) of Prize is five thousand dollars ($5,000), plus the amount of taxes paid by Churchill Downs, if any, resulting from a non-paying Dream Bet by Winner OR the amount of any winnings resulting from a winning Dream Bet by Winner.
Actual retail value (“ARV”) of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations. Any difference between stated ERV and ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Any upgrades and additional options are at the sole expense of the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar Prize (or Prize element) of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Except as otherwise stated above, all taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prizes cannot be transferred by Winners or redeemed for cash and are valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prizes by Winners.
Sponsor will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Winner for the ARV of the Prize for the tax year in which Sweepstakes Prize was awarded. The value of Prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. For Form 1099 reporting purposes, Winner shall be bound by such good faith determination.
If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest, the remaining elements of Prize shall be awarded to Winner and shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guest, if any, may be required to execute and return a release of liability and, except where prohibited, a publicity release (collectively, “Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the Sweepstakes Documents, or Guest portion of Prize will be forfeited. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years old. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Winner must be available to travel and attend the 138th Kentucky Derby in Louisville, KY, on dates designated by Sponsor and Churchill Downs in their sole discretion or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel dates and times are subject to Churchill Downs and Sponsor’s approval. Churchill Downs and Sponsor will determine travel and hotel arrangements in their sole discretion. Once determined, no change, extension, or substitution of travel dates and/or times is permitted, except by Churchill Downs or Sponsor in their sole discretion. Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Tickets are not valid for business-related or group travel. Tickets are valid only for travel on airline chosen by Churchill Downs and Sponsor in their sole discretion. A Saturday night stay-over may be required. Tickets will be issued only to Winner and Guest. Tickets are void if sold for cash or other consideration. Winner is responsible for any tax liability (including applicable departure taxes or fees, including baggage fees), inspection charges, and security charges relating to Trip. Once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Winner and Guest must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid, government-issued photo identification and/or passport) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Prize. Churchill Downs and Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s or Churchill Down’s control, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Travel may not be combined with any other offer and may not qualify for frequent flyer miles or hotel points. All travel will be at the risk of Winner and Guest. Sponsor and Churchill Downs will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, or certificates. In the event of a Force Majeure (as defined below) event or occurrence, Sponsor and Churchill Downs reserve the right to reschedule all travel for a later date. Tickets are non-refundable. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, unspecified meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any and all fees assessed at the time of ticketing, including, but not limited to, air travel taxes and/or expenses, applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Travel arrangements must be made through Churchill Downs. Time and dates of all events are subject to change and/or cancellation. All event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by ticket issuer. The location of seats at all events will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner agrees to comply with all applicable stadium or track regulations in connection with prize. In the event that Sponsor is unable to provide any element of the Prize, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof, however, the remainder of the Prize package will be awarded. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute ground transportation for air transportation depending on Winner’s place of residence.
8. DERBY DREAM BET: The Dream Bet provides Winner with a free one hundred thousand dollar ($100,000) win wager on one (1) horse participating in the 2012 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY (or another race selected by Sponsor and Churchill Downs in their sole discretion). Winner has not won one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000), but has simply won the right to direct one (1) free win wager in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) which a Sweepstakes Entity will place on one (1) horse selected by the Winner. The free wager itself has no cash value to Winner and cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash by Winner. Winner will win the proceeds, if any, of the free wager they direct, to be redeemed as follows: if the free wager placed by Sweepstakes Entity results in a “winning” pari-mutuel ticket (“Ticket”) (as determined solely by the official outcome of the 2012 138th Kentucky Derby), Sponsor will deliver possession of the winning Ticket to Winner, which Winner must take Ticket to the designated window at the track to collect the proceeds in accordance with all track policies and procedures pertaining to such payouts. All risk of loss of the winning Ticket (if any) shall pass to Winner at the time Winner receives possession of the Ticket. In the event the Ticket is lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise not presented for payment in accordance with all track policies and procedures, it will not be replaced and Winner will not receive any proceeds/payout for the free wager. ARV of Prize may vary, depending on the outcome/proceeds from the free wager. If the 2012 138th Kentucky Derby is cancelled for any reason, the Dream Bet portion of Prize will not be awarded and the remaining elements of Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
Winner must direct the free wager in accordance with these Rules and the instructions of Churchill Downs and/or its agents and representatives. Winner must direct the free wager in person, and may not transfer or designate any other individual to direct the wager on Winner’s behalf.
Sponsor’s and Churchill Downs’ decisions on all matters pertaining to the Dream Bet are final and binding.
Recording: Sponsor may choose to record and/or distribute via any media now known or hereafter devised Winner’s participation in the Dream Bet, or any element thereof, in its sole discretion. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to incorporate the audio and/or video recording of the Dream Bet, or any element thereof (the “Recording”), into television shows or any other media, the Recording will not be considered an employment opportunity, and Winner will not be entitled to compensation or credit therefore. The nature of the Recording, if any, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Recording is distributed (via any media), such distribution will be at a time, for a length of time, and on dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to return completed and signed appearance releases, confidentiality agreements and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor, if any, prior to Winner’s participation in the Recording, if any. The content of the Recording as, and if, finally exhibited and the number of exhibits and re-airs thereof, if any, will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner will have no right of review, notice, or approval of the content of the Recording or any exhibition or exploitation thereof. Sponsor and Churchill Downs have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify Winner, cause the Dream Bet portion of the Prize to be forfeited, and/or remove Winner from the 2012 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs at any time, if Winner’s behavior is deemed by Sponsor and/or Churchill Downs to be disruptive or if it may or does cause damage to person, property, or reputation of Sponsor and/or Churchill Downs or if it otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor and/or Churchill Downs, or if Winner does not follow the directions of Sponsor and Churchill Downs at all times. These Rules and the Sweepstakes itself are neither a contract nor an application for employment.
9. CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the or Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize supplier that are sent along with Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on the Facebook Website and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at the Facebook Website. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
11. DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in New York, New York. If THE controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in new york. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of new york. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. WINNER LIST: The Winner will be posted on facebook.com/cnbc after April 17, 2012 or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: CNBC Marketing, Attn: Dream Bet Sweepstakes, 900 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632.