Startup Weekend’s “Global Startup Battle”
1. Winners have 24 hours to submit their video after the event. Entries must be completed and submitted between 12:01 a.m. PST 11/12/2012 and 11:59 p.m. PST 11/13/2012 for the first weekend winners. Second weekend Entries must be completed and submitted between 12:01am PST 11/18/2012 and 11:59p.m. PST 11/19/2012.
2. Next Voting will open on November 21st
at 12pm PST and EVERYONE
can come vote for the team they think should be winner of Global Startup Battle based on their idea and their video.
3. You can vote ONCE per day until voting closes at midnight on November 27th
4. Purchase or acceptance of a product offer does not improve your chances of winning.
5. Voting will narrow things down to a top 15, and from there, our panel of star judges will crown an ultimate winner!
6. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible votes.
7. Employees or immediate family members of employees of Startup Weekend and its affiliates (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible.
8. Entries that are incomplete, altered, forged, or irregular in any way or are otherwise not in compliance with these official rules are void. Startup Weekend is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries or errors.
9. Winner’s name will be posted after 11/27/2012 12:59 p.m. PST. on the official Startup Weekend Facebook Fan Page and the Startup Weekend blog. Winner will also contacted via email.. Startup Weekend reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner and choose an alternate potential winner if we do not receive a reply within 7 business days.
10. Void where prohibited by law.
- VIP trip to Rio De Janeiro
- VIP Trip to San Francisco
- $5,000 PR Launch Package
- $5,000 of Design Services
- $5,000 of Legal Support
- $20,000 Google Cloud Services.
- A One Hour Mentor with one of Our Board Members
11. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) will be the sole responsibility of the winner
12. Prize cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash.
13. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s acceptance of the prize constitutes agreement for the Sweepstakes Entities to use winner’s name, biographical information, city and state of residence, voice, statements, photographs, video and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes on a worldwide basis without further notice or compensation.
1. By participating, entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.
2. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, STARTUP WEEKEND AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
3. Startup Weekend is the sole sponsor of this Sweepstakes.